Saturday, February 27, 2010

Ponzu Shrimp Potato Balls


You might remember that I received a bottle of Ponzu sauce through the Foodbuzz taste maker's program.
I made these shrimp balls and some in a croquette shape. I forgot to take any pictures of the flattened croquette shape, which is too bad, because I like them better that way.
They cooked evenly in the croquette shape, so just flatten them a little bit before baking.


I started with some boiled white potatoes ( from my garden!).
As a side note: I'm still using potatoes that I harvested from my garden last Fall.
They are a little wrinkly, but still yummy.

I riced the potatoes. This was about 2 cups of riced potatoes.


Then some roasted onions and red potatoes.
And a bag of 50 frozen defrosted shrimp.
Plus a little roasted garlic paste.



Zipped up in the food processor with a *dash* of cilantro.
Don't you love my cute spoon?!?
My friend Carol gave it to me.




Then 1/2 cup of Ponzu, an egg and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
Add everything together and blend in the food processor.
After you have mixed everything together - made your "dough" - put it in a bowl and refrigerate over night.
The next day prepare your shrimp ball/croquette making area: one bowl with flour, one bowl with a whisked egg and one bowl with Ponzu breadcrumbs.
Take a tablespoon sized ball of dough and roll it first in the flour, next in the egg and finally in the breadcrumbs.
Continue with the rest of the dough.
Bake on a greased baking sheet and bake at 400F degrees for 10 mins or until toasted brown.
















No comments:

Post a Comment