Sunday, February 7, 2010

Chicken Adventures and Eggs!

More pictures of the Ladies from yesterday.

Butter checks on the nest box action.
Who's in there?


"Could I have a little privacy?"


Butter to Zela: "Do you have any eggs under there?"



Zela: "Buzz off! I'm busy."





"One, two, three, four..."






Isn't she pretty?





Nest boxes are a good place for a nap.



Lavender.
And
Remember the Purple Girl?
Her feathers have grown in.


Zeeba takes a stroll.



Hop.




Jump!





Lavender: "It's true. I layed them all."




Lots of beautiful eggs!


The terracotta one in the center is Zela's egg.
I watched her lay it.


5 comments:

  1. What a fantastic amount of eggs!! Well done girls!!
    Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love all them purtty eggs too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I miss my girls! Harvesting eggs is pretty much the best thing ever... I love your little Lavender, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful eggs! Good to know about the purple stuff and that it works. I stick duct tape on the bald spots on my hens. That works too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Callie - Duct tape? Ouch! How do you use it? Sticky side up or down?

    ReplyDelete