Saturday, September 19, 2009

Friday's Harvest & De Nile

More Veggies!
I'm loving this endless summer.
The temp. is 80-85F during the day
and 50F at night.
It's better weather than we had in the actual summer.
I know it will all have to end some time soon, but
until then I can live in denial.
For example:
On Tuesday I thought,
"It's so weird - the trees are all losing their leaves.
What's up with that?"
Oh, duh!
It's called Fall.
NO! NO!
Summer will last FOREVER!
*sigh*
I like De Nile.

Cucumbers.
I gave these to my mom.
She's making Virgina Chunks, a sweet pickle.
They're Ok, but I'll more of a dill person.
More tomatoes.
I'm running out of space and recipes.
Nice problem to have.

Peppers.
Finally.
The little one on the left is the
best pepper I have ever eaten.
They are called Zavory or Yummy,
but I can't remember which is which.
The little pepper has a hot bite to it
and then it is tropical sweet with
overtones of mango and pineapple.
So good!

Onions and carrots.
I need to plant more onions next year.
These are Copra onions.
I grew them last year and
they are a looooooong keeping onion.
I gave some to my parents and my mom used up the
last one in July.
It was as fresh as when I pulled them last fall.




Tomatoes again.
That biggie in the left corner is a
Striped German.
It weighs 2 1/2 lbs!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! It has been a wet August and now a wet warm September so our harvest is continuing too. Hope it is not a sign of a bad winter!

    ReplyDelete