Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Another Use For Canning Rings

I have a million canning rings.
There is no way that I will ever use all of them at the same time, so
either I have to start stuffing mattresses or I need to find a use for them.
Egg Sandwich
Grease the rings really well.
I used butter.
Place them in your frying pan.
Crack eggs into the rings.
Cook on low, flip and cook on the other side.

Pop cooked eggs out of the rings.
Serve on round bread or hamburger buns.


Yummy!
Thanks for the eggs Ladies!


I love knowing where my food comes from.
For example, the broccoli seeds that I started in my house last spring, planted and watered all summer and then fed to my Ladies (chickens) last week turned into an egg that I ate today.

6 comments:

  1. lol i was just trying to think of something to do with my rings too. marvelous idea! ill be making my egg sammiches this way from now on :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea, although I may also start stuffing my mattresses with them. The worst part was learning a few years ago you are not supposed to store the jars with the rings on. Who are these people who buy the packages that have lids and rings?

    -Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know.... i'm one of those weird people that buy them.. i can never find mine when i need them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I bought them too. But they're horrible. The bottom is ready before the top part, so if I flip, the egg gets destroyed. If I wait until both sides are firm, it will take forever and won't the bottom burn? Any advice would be much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hungry_neko - Hmmmm, maybe try turning the heat down really low. It does take a while for them to cook.

    ReplyDelete