Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Anything Pie and Roasty Toasty Potatoes

Anything Pie
You should make this pie when:
You want to impress
Uninvited guests
Mother-in-law
You just got home from work
The cupboards are bare.
~
You can put whatever you want/have on hand into this pie.
But this is what I did...
I started with the same sauce that I used for the Salmon en croute
~
Some cream cheese, spinach, dried onions, dill, salt and pepper and a little cream.
Blended up.

I used the Secret Family Recipe for the crust.
1 cup flour
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup filled with 1 egg and a little white wine
See Here again for more info.
Rolled out the dough.
It will make a top and bottom crust.
Roll it out really thin.
I used a greased round cake pan as my pie pan.

Leftover Roasty Toasty potatoes and 1 cup of frozen veggies.
Roasty Toasty potatoes are a double leftover.
I started with leftover baked potatoes - sliced them up and soaked them in 1 cup of fig infused vinegar.
Pre-heated the oven to 400 F.
After 15 mins I tossed the potatoes with savory, thyme, oregano, salt and pepper and a little olive oil.
Baked for 20 mins.



Added spinach sauce.




Covered with top crust and washed with egg wash.




Baked at 350 F for 20 mins.
Just until the crust was brown.

3 comments:

  1. Love your step-by-step picture. It makes it so much easier to follow instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look Yummy... wish I had some right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just noticed this pie. It looks great. I will have to try it.

    ReplyDelete