Monday, August 24, 2009

Eggplant Burgers

These are so yummy!
My mom made these for dinner and invited me over to eat.
Thanks Mom!
I have about 50 ripe eggplant, so I think I will make a few of these and freeze them.
-
Eggplant Burgers
2 med eggplant
salt
4 cloves of garlic
3/4 cup nut butter - almond, peanut, ect.
2 cups soft bread crumbs
-
Slice eggplant into 1/2 in thick slices and sprinkle with salt.
Let eggplant drain in a sieve for 15 min.
Char-broil eggplant on the barbecue until eggplant is soft.
In a food processor blend together eggplant and nut butter.
Mix blended eggplant and bread crumbs.
-
With the eggplant mixture, make patties.
Place patties on a baking sheet
with the cloves of garlic
and bake at 375 degrees for 15 mins.
OR
return the burgers to the barbecue and cook for 10 to 15 mins.
-
Squish the roasted garlic onto the burgers
and serve with toasted hamburger buns.

No comments:

Post a Comment