Thursday, July 22, 2010

Introducing: Kiwi

A new bunny was added to the family on Tuesday.
It's a funny story.
On Sunday I was talking to one of my friends, that used to work at the local animal shelter, about a bunny I had noticed advertised on Petfinder. She said it was probably already gone, but offered to check on Monday for me. I said, "That's Ok I would call them myself on Monday".
So Monday: I was very busy at work, but I finally found a minute to call them - at 2pm. The people at the shelter said he was still available and I could come and look at him at 4pm when I got off of work. So I went to the shelter at 4pm and they said, "Oops! Sorry he was adopted just after you called."
So I went home all bummed out that I didn't even get to see the rabbit.
I called my friend and told her about the whole adventure. She says, "Oh yeah, I called around 2:40pm and it was adopted."
She and I made plans to hang out the next day, Tuesday, and she said she had a present for me.
I thought it was a fire pit, because she had hinted before that she was going to buy one for me.
Finally, Tuesday we go out for lunch and she still doesn't say anything about what the present is.
I'm still talking about the rabbit and how surprised I was that it would get adopted in only 2 hours.
My friend is very quiet and acting kind of weird.
Her sister, who is with us too, finally says, "Just tell her already!"
I think you can guess the rest of the story!
~
She adopted Kiwi for me!
I was totally surprised.

He is a big boy. He weighs about 7lbs and is about twice the size of Tansy (my other bunny).
He was neutered on July 13th, so I plan on waiting a few more weeks, to let his hormones calm down, before I attempt to bond Tansy and Kiwi together.
He was found in some one's backyard and the shelter thought he was 2 years old, but I think he is a little younger.
The shelter was only feeding him pellets and he is overweight, so now he is on a hay and fresh veggie diet.

He is doing very well with his litter box training.
He had no trouble figuring out where to pee, but he pooed outside of the box twice.
I just put all the poos into the litter box and now he knows where to go.
So far we haven't had any more accidents.






Now a few pics of Tansy.


As you can see he is the king of this castle, so bonding/introducing Kiwi might be a little difficult.





Isn't he cute?!?


Catty and Tansy planning their next vacation.







Best friends!

Catty weighs about 7 pounds, but looks much smaller than Kiwi.
Tansy weighs about 4 pounds.
I can't wait for them to all be bonded and friends!












3 comments:

  1. OMG - what a great friend and YIPPY! Adorable Kiwi. Welcome to the family little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how adorable! I had pets rabbits as a kid and loved them. Now we have dogs whose greatest joy is chasing rabbits out of the yard...cna't see them bonding with one at all. So I'll just enjoy yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Kiwi!

    love love love the updates with Catty and Tansy. I love that they are friends and that Tansy is litter trained. I had a rabbit as a kid (Wabbit) who looked like Kiwi (big and albino) but he was an outside rabbit much to my dismay!

    ReplyDelete